The Law Offices of Jonathan S. Katz, Esq is a boutique intellectual property and transaction law firm serving the new media and technology sector in Manhattan, New York. The firm focuses on the core practice areas of intellectual property and business planning law impacting entrepreneurs and their emerging digital enterprises. The firm is dedicated to serving America's rapidly growing tech startup and digital content creator community by offering quality personalized attention and professional counseling rarely accessible to the current generation of technology innovators.
Our firm's mission is to revolutionize the relationship between technology entrepreneurs and legal counsel by inserting much needed competence and efficiency into the process of transforming innovative ideas into industry. Our startup mentorship, aimed at seed- and early-stage companies, is invaluable to helping refine business and financing strategies for rapid growth.
Call us to discuss your matter with an attorney today. There is no fee or obligation for an initial telephone consultation.
• Counseling technology startups and entertainment ventures
• Terminating copyright infringement and defamation
• Securing compensation for freebooting
• Formation of corporations, LLC’s and other entities, and preparation of relevant documentation
• Founders’ agreements, shareholders’ agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and buy/sell agreements
• Employment and consulting agreements
• Commercial contracts, including services agreements, partnering agreements, vendor/supplier agreements, reseller agreements and OEM agreements
• Structuring of equity ownership, including vesting issues
• Corporate governance, board of director matters and voting agreements
• Equity and non-equity based incentive compensation and option plans
• Bank documents and agreements
• Trademark advice and registration